CO2 For Airbrushing

I have had a few people ask about my CO2 rig for airbrushing, so I whipped up this video.

I have used compressors for airbrushing in the past, but this last time I got back into model making, I really wanted something I could use in the house since I use acrylics exclusively for my painting needs, and didn’t want a lot of noise. So, this is what I ended up with.

Enjoy, and if you have any questions or comments leave them below, or on my YouTube channel.

Advertisements

Next Project… Tamiya Panther

With the Tamiya 1/35 Sherman M4A3E8 complete, it is on to the next project. This time, I will be heading back to the Axis side… the new tool Tamiya 1/35 Panzerkampfwagen V Panther Ausf D, kit number 35345, which was released in 2015.

Many years ago, around 1977/1978, I built my first Tamiya kit. Up to that point it had been Monogram’s Armor Series in 1/32 scale for me. After reading about Tamiya models in magazines, I finally bought one, and got one of my favorite tanks of the time, the Panther.

The one that was available back then, was the Panther Ausf A, kit number 35605, which was tooled in 1976, so a newer kit at the time. For my budding skills as an armor modeler, this was a huge step. Tamiya was an exotic brand to me, and this kit was “it.”

I have since learned that this old Ausf A is fraught with inaccuracies and dimensional problems, but I wasn’t aware of them, and stuff like that didn’t matter to me anyway. So I built it and enjoyed every minute.

So, when the the new Ausf D came out last year, I figured it was high-time that I built another Panther. Here is a quick intro video of the kit. It is not really a full-on review, because there are already quite a few out there, but just my brief observations and remarks, and comments about the few extras I plan to incorporate.

 

One Year Anniversary

Yesterday, June 6, 2016, marks exactly one year since I started my YouTube channel.

As I mentioned somewhere long ago, I hate to type. I like doing a blog, but the typing part gets me down and I lose interest pretty quick. So, being a more visually oriented person, I thought to myself, “Self, why not do a vlog instead of a blog?” So, I gave it a shot.

It has been pretty successful in my eyes with 143 subscribers to date (compared to 14 followers here).

So, without further adieu, here is a quick video. Thanks for following this blog and if you are following my YouTube channel, thanks for that too.

See you next time.

 

Tamiya M4A3E8… Complete

A couple of days ago, I put the finishing touches on the new tool Tamiya Sherman M4A3E8. I outline my thoughts on the kit in the video, but suffice it to say, I really enjoyed this one. The fit is perfect and the molding is outstanding… one of the bennies of a new tool kit!

There were a couple of minor things that I wish Tamiya would improve upon, however. With today’s technology, it seems that they should be able to mold the machine guns with bored out muzzles, and do handles on crew and access hatches as separate pieces, instead of the solid ones that are molded on. But, these are very minor annoyances that are easily remedied.

Anyway, here is a video of the finished product with my thoughts and a quick run through of some of the new (for me) products I used.